August 12, 2013

Weekend Update

I had the greatest weekend this past weekend and I have been dying to share it with you guys! Ya know, cause everyone is just dying to know... NOT! ha.

Friday Night:

Lenzi and I headed to the Galleria to pick out some new school clothes and we were really able to get her some good stuff for a good price. Just as a side note, the Galleria on a Friday night is not what it was when I was younger. The crazy folks were out in full effect! I think the climax of our little outing was seeing two women who were dressed as if they had just walked off the street corner, if you catch my drift. Very, very, very limited clothing, to the point that I told Lenzi not to look. (I guess I still see Lenzi as my 5 year old little sister rather than my 16 year old sister.) Anyways, it was bad and my heart hurt for these women. They were pretty ladies, beautiful ladies-- such a shame that they feel the need to present themselves in that way.

Saturday:

My mom, sisters and Jade got to spend some time with our favorite little people-- Jones and Carlisle! My mom wanted to take Jones shopping for a few toys and treat to his favorite meal-- just something special that they do every few months! Well, the rest of us decided to join in on all of their fun this time because he is STARTING KINDERGARTEN THIS YEAR! I cannot believe it! He is growing up so fast and we just adore him! It seems like just the other day, he was rolling around and trying to crawl and now he is starting K-5! Makes my heart sad! I think he had a great time though, right before we had to bring him back home, he told my mom, "This has been the best day of my life!" Talk about making your heart full! Love that little guy!

 Sweet Baby C!

 Big brother eating his chicken fingers at a Mexican restaurant.

 He is too cute for me!

After we dropped Jones and Baby Carlisle off, Jade and I were able to pick up a ton of stuff to send to our sponsored child, Boniface Frazier! We sponsor Boniface through World Vision and it is definitely a pure example of "God getting the glory and we getting the joy". Every time we receive a letter from him, I am beyond excited! I really would encourage anyone to sponsor a child, it is only $35/month and the benefits that the child receives is worth far more than just $35. For instance, in our last letter it said that with the money we sent, him and his family was able to get nets for their home to prevent bugs from coming in, therefore decreasing the chance this family contracting Malaria. $35 is literally saving their lives.

Here is a few of the letters we got ready to send!

And of course, Saturday night, my cousin Mason and his team, Carolina Crown became the 2013 DCI World Champions! Ahhh! How exciting! Remember, here, when I mentioned that this is his last year! Last year performing and he brings home the championship! Still can't believe it! I'm so excited for him!

Mason with the trophy!

Sunday:

Church was wonderful, as usual and I felt like I learned a ton! We covered practically the entire Bible, didn't we GLBC peeps! If you missed it, here is the link to it! Take a hour out of your day and listen! I promise you will be ministered to! Anyways, so after church we went to Nanny's, again as usual and then headed home. Anna came home with us so her and I had some girl time! I painted her nails and toes and then I helped her with a few sign language words in preparation for the class we have on Sunday evenings!

We headed to class and it went great! I was able to teach the class about 50 words in sign language with the help one of the deaf women that visits our church, Ms. Cole. But what really made this weekend so wonderful is what happened at dinner. After we left the sign language class, Wendy, Lenzi, Anna, Jade and myself met at Full Moon, ordered and were sitting there practicing the words that we had just learned and out of no where, a deaf man-- the deaf man that I had been hearing about for the past 4 months asked me in sign language if I signed. But for you to really understand the importance of this guy and our meeting, I need to go back and tell a quick story.

Back in April, I started learning sign language with absolutely no knowledge of it. In my class was the always lovely, Leslie and Makenna Kitchens, a mom and daughter duo that were desiring to learn sign language as well. We all were really learning and one day, I'm not really sure when or how it got brought up, Makenna told us that where her sister works (Full Moon) there is a guy that comes and eats there often and he is deaf. Keep in mind, when you are learning sign language, actual meeting deaf people is like the most awesome thing ever, so you REALLY want to meet a deaf person! So obviously, Makenna was dying to meet him, as was everyone else. We all wanted to talk with him but most importantly, we wanted to invite him to church. We wanted to use what we had learned to spread the gospel. Our only dilemma was that we had no way of knowing when he would be there! So we waited, we ALL waited. Honestly, for me, I had let this guy slip out of my memory. I totally forgot until he walked up to me yesterday evening.

So when he walked up, I am beyond excited! I had waited to meet this guy for 4 months y'all! We talked/signed to him for two and a half hours! It was one of the greatest experience ever! He shared so much with us and we really tired our best to communicate with him, in his language! Even as we were pulling out of Full Moon, he was still signing to us! It was wonderful! We invited him to church and we are all praying that the Holy Spirit will work in his heart and he will come!

Needless to say, I had a GREAT weekend. From start to finish, it was perfect! I hope your weekend was just as great!

No comments:

Post a Comment