So I have been meaning to post this for FOREVER but I never could remember. I'm going to try and do better since I think it'll be neat to document all this baby Beck sweetness.
This blog post is being written on January 13, 2015.
Yesterday morning, Jade and I had to go to the doctor to do bloodwork to see if the IUI procedure was successful. Bloodwork (or time at the doctor) took about 5 minutes.
At 1:00 pm on 01/12/15, I got a call from a sweet lady from ART that said according to the bloodwork, I was pregnant! She said that I was 3 weeks and 6 days and my due date was September 22!
She said my progesterone levels were at 24.2 and my HCG levels were at 144.
We are so excited!
This post is being written on January 13, 2015.
How Far Along: 4 weeks
Baby Growth: From my research and helpful apps, our baby is the size of a poppy seed. How crazy is that!
My Symptoms: So far, I've been really tired. I'm not sure if that is technically a symptom because I'm tired most of the time but we'll say it is. I am also feeling bloated, like super bloated.
Best Moment This Week: Finding out that Jade and I are going to be parents! Definitely the best moment this week and my life so far! I still cannot believe it! We're going to have a baby!!!
Something I am Looking Forward to: Everything! I cannot wait to learn more about our baby and learn about this whole process. I am especially excited to tell our momma's though. Right now, only Jade and I know and they are going to freak! I'm so excited!
Movement: Nothing. For the love, I'm only 4 weeks.
Sleep: I sleep but it's not good rest. I feel like I toss and turn all night.
Cravings: Nothing in particular.
Daddy- isms: We just found out yesterday but I loved hearing him talk about our baby. Going to sleep with his hand on my belly (which is mostly just jelly right now) melts my heart like a stick of butter.
Prayer: Lord, I am so excited and so blown away that you have allowed this baby to begin to form in my belly. You are faithful. You are gracious. You are merciful. And I am so unworthy of this blessing. Thank you Lord. I will forever thank you for what you are doing inside me. Lord, please protect my baby. Please hold it and mold it these next weeks. I love you so much.
This post is being written on January 20, 2015
How Far Along: 5 weeks
My Numbers: Progesterone: 27.3 and HCG levels: 8366.3.
Baby Growth: Baby Beck is the size of a sesame seed.
My Symptoms: I am still just really tired. No morning sickness. No more bloating. So far so good!
Best Moment This Week: This week, the realization of everything had time to soak in and we have been really excited. Still in shock but so excited!
Something I am Looking Forward to: We are telling our mom's this week and we are both pretty excited about that. We have been telling them that our doctor's appointments have been pushed back and a bunch of bull. They are going to have the hardest time ever keeping a secret, especially my mom.
Movement: Nothing yet.
Sleep: If I go to bed early and the puppies don't sleep with us, I can sleep fairly well. Still a lot of tossing and turning though. Naps are my best friend though!
Cravings: Nothing really. Or nothing that I am aware of.
Daddy-isms: He talks to our baby and I melt. I am so thankful that he is my husband and my baby's daddy. Can't even handle it.
Prayer: Lord, you are so good. You have given me the desires of my heart to the fullest. Thank you for allowing me to carry one of your children and lending he/she to Jade and I to love. I love all that you are and all that have done for me. Please continue to protect our baby and help me make the best decisions for him/her. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Update this week:
We told my mom this week, January 21 by showing her this shirt...
As expected, she freaked out and stopped breathing.
Then we picked Jade's mom up at the airport and told her using this sign. She was pretty excited as well.
Then additionally this week, we "celebrated" 9 years of being together and by "celebrated", I mean I caught up on my sleep and we hung out at the house. On 01/24/2006, Jade asked me to be his girlfriend. I guess you could say the rest is history. :)
This post is being written January 30, 2015.
How Far Along: 6 weeks and 3 days
My Numbers: Progesterone was 23.7. It went down a little bit but they put me on additional medications to get that number back up. HCG was 50,502.2. Yay!
Baby Growth: Baby Beck is the size of a lentil.
My Symptoms: A little bit of nausea came this week-- no fun! The tired thing has hung around too.
Best Moment This Week: By far the best moment this week was getting to see our little baby's heart beating through an ultrasound. I could not even contain my excitement and pure awe of God as we watched that tiny heart beat 107 bpm. Another "best moment" was telling my Nanny and Pawpaw and my sisters the good news. My Pawpaw is back in the hospital and so we showed the ultrasound pictures there. When my Pawpaw finds out what the pictures are, he says "That's my boy." He has said since even before I found out that it was a little boy and that it was his. :) For sisters, I just told them to come over because I had bought them some jewelry. As they are looking at the jewelry, I show them the ultrasound pictures.
Movement: Nothing yet!
Sleep: If I can go to bed early, then I sleep pretty good. Usually.
Cravings: Nothing yet. I think I'm having more aversion than anything. Food in general just makes me queezy.
Daddy-isms: This week he sent me a text that said " I love you both so much." That is too sweet for me to even handle. I love this man.
Prayer: Dear Lord, you have blessed us so much more than we could ever imagine. I cannot even being to wrap my brain around your goodness. I don't understand why you would share this blessing with us but I am so thankful that you are. I love this baby so much already and I know that this love I feel is nothing but a drop in the bucket compared to the love you have for us. You are so good. Please continue to protect this baby inside me and to mold it, support it and love on it. I understand that him/her belongs to you Lord and you know best what they need.
This post is being written 02/15/2015.
How Far Along: 8 weeks and 5 days
My Numbers: Progesterone was 27.2
Baby Growth: Baby is the size of a kidney bean.
My Symptoms: I had the flu this week so on top of flu symptoms-- I have had nausea and even more tiredness.
Best Moment This Week: Definitely the best moment this week was getting to see a little movement. Baby Beck was moving his/her little hips. I couldn't believe my eyes.
Something I am Looking Forward to: This week we told the remainder of our families so now I guess I am just excited to share the exciting news with the rest of the world.
Movement: I got to see movement but I haven't felt any just yet.
Sleep: I'll get it whenever I can take it. I've been sleeping ok at night but definitely not like deep sleep.
Cravings: Nothing in particular. However, when I think of something I want... craving begins. This week it has been cereal.
Daddy-isms: I was in Disney World last week with Anna's cheerleading team and I had to fly back early because I had the flu. Jade was worried to death about myself and the baby. Not that I enjoy him worrying about me but it was really sweet.
Prayer: Lord, you are so great. Even when I think I have a grasp of just how great you are-- you blow me away again. Thank you for keeping the baby safe while the flu attacked my body and thank you for filling me with the things necessary to fight off sickness. Thank you for our baby. I still don't think my mind is 100% wrapped around the fact that you are allowing this baby to grow within my body. I love you. I love your ways. Please continue to keep this baby safe.







No comments:
Post a Comment