December 22, 2011

Latest update!

Please, please, please forgive me! It's been FOREVER since I updated the blog! Between work and school, I have had NO time!

So here is a run through of the things that have been happening over at the house...

Sunday, after church, Jade and I installed new locks on the exterior doors... ALL. BY. OURSELVES. Uh, no one mentioned how difficult and complicated those things can be! No worries though, we got the front door dead bolt and lock on there and it is working perfectly! We opted to go with the satin nickel, which I am semi obsessed with and I'm super glad we did! This is the combo that we went with...
What ya think? Clean and simple is what I was looking for and I think it is both!

The tile in our kitchen is done!!! And it looks so great! I just realized I don't have a picture of the finished product so I'll have to get on that soon! We are so thankful for my cousin Brian and the wonderful job he did! If you want tile done and done the RIGHT way, hit me up and I will shoot you his contact information. You won't regret it! :)

Brian also built Jade and I a pantry, since our was lacking and it looks so good too! We also had to buy two additional 12 inch cabinets, a base cabinet and a wall cabinets, to go on the other side of the pantry and  in my opinion it just completes the kitchen. Of course I don't have a picture of it. (BOO ME!) But I'll get on that asap.

One thing about the kitchen that was super duper bugging us, well maybe me more than Jade, was these awful gold knobs. Please forgive the awful iPhone pictures!



U-G-L-Y. It's ok, I think the same thing! Jade agreed with me and decided we need to toss them old and bring in some new. We went over to our local Lowe's, which we are in at least, 4 days per week, and decided to go with the satin nickel again, of course. Nothing to fancy...





Much better, wouldn't you agree!

Oh, and one more HUGE thing about the house... Jade moved it! As most of you may know, Jade was living in his mom's old house and so it was getting pretty hard paying all the bills on both houses, so he just moved on in the new house! No television, or wifi but hey, none of that matters. He does have his washer and dryer in though and after a few technical difficulties he got everything hooked up..


And according to him, a full blown housewife. hahahahaha.

I think the best thing about Jade getting to move in is how happy our puppies are to have the huge back yard to play in. They absolutely love it! If I can get YouTube to work right, I'll upload a few videos later! Enjoy the update! 

Evan Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment