Wow, can you hardly believe how fast the past year has flew by? Not me!!! I figured it would be fun to share some of the high points of 2011 for me in no particular order.
- My best friend had her baby, the precious AND perfect Mr. Tristan Davis Nail. When I say he is perfect, I'm being very close to telling the truth. The child is always smiling and happy. I've told several people that if I love Tristan this much, I can't even begin to imagine how much I will love my own kids. As some of you may or may not know, I got to be in the delivery room taking pictures when lil man made his big arrival. That is why I put this as number one. It was hands down the greatest thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. Knowing that for nine months, the Lord held this baby in my best friend's belly, molded it and turned two microscopic things into a living, breathing, crying PERSON was beyond me! I've seen the sun come up and come down, I've seen the stars and heard all about the thousands of galaxies, I've seen some things that are no doubt GOD'S design, but this was so incredibly different. God is so creative and so beautiful and so amazing and so intricate and so everything that I fail to be. And a baby being born is the Lord showing off all His wonder and power! Trust me! Just thinking about that day, April Fools day, by the way, brings tears to my eyes. I'm a better person and look at things so different because of this experience.
The first picture I got with Tristan, just minutes after he was born. Yes, I'm cheesing. I mean hello, the wait was finally over and he was here!!
- I started going to school at UAB. This was one of the greatest decisions I have made in a very, long time. It's much harder than I was used to but I needed that. I wasn't challenged hardly at all in high school and Jeff State wasn't too terribly hard but it did have its moments. I think the thing that makes me like UAB so much better is because I'm actually getting my hands in stuff that goes alongside my major. I am an Early childhood/elementary education major and want to be an elementary school counselor one day, I think. See I get super nervous about not making the right decision about stuff and what I get my degree in is kinda a big deal. I think and hope that this is the path the Lord wants me to go on. I've prayed and begged for a big huge sign on 459 that says "Evan, you're making the right decision. -God", but I haven't seen one yet so we'll see. :)
- I got to be in weddings of some of the greatest people I know. The first wedding I was in was my "big sister", Faith and her pretty cool husband, Mr. Will. Kid you not, in the middle of the wedding, right around the place where they were saying their vows or something, a huge, beautiful, DOUBLE rainbow came up. I mean if that's not the most awesome thing ever, I don't know what is! If anyone deserves a happy ending, its Faith and I'm so glad to have been able to be apart of that! Another wedding I got to be in was the Tavon and Camille's, and Jade was even in this one too! Tavon is a longtime friend of both Jade and I and his precious bride has became one of my closest friends. Being able to stand in the altar alongside them and witness them pledge their lives not just to one another but to God was one of those things that gives you chill bumps. And to make things even that much better, I got to look across the altar from me and see Jade thinking the same thing. He looks up to Tavon so much, you can just tell. Those two are some of the most Godly men you will ever meet, Camille and I have lucked up BIG time! The last wedding I was in, in 2011 was my best friend, Shane's. Shane's husband, Brent is a member of the United States Marines and after returning home from Afghanistan, they FINALLY (they've dated forever), became husband and wife. Being able to stand along side her as she finally married her Prince made me so incredible happy and has me smiling right now. Shane is way stronger than I think most people realize and after months of doing everything own her own, Brent came home and pretty much rescued her. They are great and I could brag on them all day, everyday but I'll save that for another post.
Faith and Will's Wedding
June 25, 2011
Tavon and Camille's wedding
August 20, 2011
Shane and Brent's Wedding
August 27, 2011
Photography by Will Flowers.
flowersphtog.com
- Jade and I reached the 5 year mark in our relationship. January 24, 2006, Jade asked me to be his girlfriend and the rest is history! Yes, we started dating when I was 15 and Jade was 14. Yes, we were young. Yes, we are still together. Many people have told me, "well, high school sweethearts rarely ever make it... blah, blah, blah" We have. We will. I fully believe that Jade is my soul mate and that even when we were being created in our momma's belly, that was the plan. I love him so much it hurts sometimes and I can't want to spend the next 80 years holding his hand and loving on him. I love when he gets excited about things, I love when he turns into a handy man, I love when he takes charge in our Sunday School class, I love when he visits with my family, I love when he tells my sisters he loves them, I love when he prays, I love when he stands up for me, I love him. Everything. All the good. All the bad. I'll stop there and save you all the rest of the mushy gushiness I have inside begging to be let free.
- I starting a new job at KnowMyHire. Can you say answers to prayers? If you know me well, then you know I do not like people paying for my stuff. I'm way independent and I would rather go without, then put someone in a bind trying to buy it for me. This job allowed for me not to worry about where I was going to find the money to pay for insurance or pay for gas or whatever for that matter! Its a great job, working with some pretty cool people and I couldn't ask for anything better. So incredibly blessed to have been given this opportunity! Google KnowMyHire and you'll see what we are all about. :)
- Jade and I bought a house. This might be one of the most exciting things of 2011. Every time I pull into the driveway, I still can't believe that it belongs to us. We, Jade and myself, own a house, like a real deal, no strings attached house. AHHHHHHHHH! I keep thinking I'm going to blink and everything is going to go back to the way it used to be, where we were looking at houses every weekend. So awesome.
- I got to capture some wonderful families and people with Evan Photography. The single reason I take pictures is because I know it would make my dad proud. Period. My dad was into taking pictures. Family sweetness and couple sessions weren't really his thing, he stuck to more Talladega, boy stuff but still. I know that if he was still around, he would be encouraging me to do this and when I do pictures, I can feel him. Sometimes when I am looking online at all this fancy nancy camera stuff that I will probably never own, I wonder if he was still here, if he would have that kinda stuff. Probably. And thats when I miss him most. Thinking about the "what-if's" will literally drive you up the wall and my heart aches for the day I can finally see him again. I'm thankful for the talent to take pictures, that was so apparently passed down through my dad and I hope that I can continue to do this the rest of my life.
Those are some high points, and I'm sure as I go through the day, I'll think of at least a dozen more but oh well. God has blessed me in every aspect of my life in 2011 and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead in 2012! Also, happy birthday to my bff, Shane and her momma, Ms. Terri! Today is both of their birthdays, be sure and wish them a good one!
Happy New Years everyone! Hug your loved ones and thank the Lord, you've made it through another year!!!
Evan Paige







No comments:
Post a Comment