July 29, 2013

Weekend Update

Remember when I was doing weekend updates pretty often? Like here, and here and here? Well, I haven't done a weekend update in what seems like a million years but that only cause we haven't been doing anything too exciting!

All that changed this weekend! Yesterday, we went to DCI Atlanta Southeastern Championship at the Georgia Dome! For those of you that do not know--- Mason, my cousin, marches with Carolina Crown aka the purple pants band and is 1st trumpet. He is way awesome too! I mean talented is not even remotely an accurate term to describe him; he is beyond talented! He has Jesus and his pretty cool parents to thank for that one! Anyways, so Crown doesn't typically perform a show anywhere in Alabama so Atlanta was the only one that was relatively close for us to go watch him do his thing! Keep in mine, this is the first time I have seen him perform 1) full out and 2) live.

So Jade and I rode with my Uncle GG and Aunt Cathy over to Atlanta and watched him practice, then grabbed dinner at the Hard Rock Atlanta and then headed over to the Georgia Dome! We ended up getting to watch like 12 different corps march but we were really only there to see Crown tear it up! And they did!

Jade and I before Crown performed! Excited!

I was blown away! It was so intense that my heart was beating straight out of my chest. It was so much more intense than I could of ever imagined. The thing that was incredible to me is just how loud they all our when all the instruments are being played at the same time. It was awesome!

They ended up in 2nd place, getting beat by the Blue Devils. (Side note: I didn't really like their show because I think I might be semi ADD and there was entirely too much going on all at the same time, which meant that I was distracted 99% of the show. And no, I am not being partial to Crown! :) Anyways, we are proud of Crown and Mason specifically, no matter what! This is Mason last year to perform and I know he is having the time of his life!

Another side note, I really liked Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment and Madison Scouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment