September 9, 2013

A Great Day

About two years ago, my sweet friend Misty... Y'all remember Misty right?



Anyways, so her and I were at dinner at our favorite spot-- San Antonio, and we were talking about anything and everything. In the midst of the convo, Misty mentioned that she loved to go through the drive thru and pay for the person's meal behind her.  I absolutely loved that! She said that you never know what people are going through and sometimes, something as small as buying their meal will turn their day completely around. 

Well, I decided to copy my friend. Every so often I would pay for the person's meal behind mine and then there was that month that I did it constantly and Jade had to remind me that I was going overboard and we had no money. ha. So I hadn't done it in a while, life had gotten busy and I honestly had just forgotten about it. Well today, as I was pulling up to the window at Chik-Fil-A, they said that the women in front of me had paid for it. 


I think my heart just stopped. I was finally the recipient of that small act of kindness that Misty mentioned so long ago. And she was right!!! It turned my day completely around and filled by heart to the rim with thankfulness.  

Today, I'm thankful for my sweet friend Misty and that conversation years ago. I'm thankful for that precious lady that I will probably never know or get to thank. I'm thankful for Jesus because it is because of His that I get to experience things like this. 

Today was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment