Within 24 hours, 400 people had read the post and my Facebook and phone was going nuts with people wanting to help in anyway they can! I wasn't expecting that to be honest. I knew the Lord was going to take care of it but I didn't expect Him to show out like He did. Leave it to me to underestimate the greatness of our God! Way to go, Evan!
Anyways, I spoke with administration at Grace House and the plan is to complete the project on
October 19th, starting at 8:00 a.m.
Anyone that is interested in helping on that day is more than welcome to meet us there that morning. I promise there will be plenty to do! The more hands we have, the faster we can get this knocked out. Even if you only can help for an hour or two, it would be so appreciated!
Besides installing the shelving, we will be boxing up the summer clothes, dividing up the clothes into children's and junior's and then bagging up all of the clothes that they won't wear and taking them to another donation site. Mainly, organizing everything.
Some specific needs that we have (besides the donations for the shelving) are...
- Hangers (Kids sized and regular sized)
- Storage containers like these
- Large indoor area rugs, nothing fancy.
Monday, 10/7 and 10/14 at 5:15 pm & Saturday, 10/12 at 11:30 am.
And just a reminder for myself and others...
This project, while great and helpful is not about you and I. It is not about what we can do for this ministry or these girls. It's all about Him. Often times, I get this mentality about wanting to save the day and help everyone I can and thankfully, the Holy Spirit has a way of putting me in my place, rather quickly. God is going to take care of these girls-- not the state, not the home parents, not the staff, not me. He is fully capable of meeting each one of their needs without any help. We are just a vessel that He can work through. But praise God that He chooses to use us! :)
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26
No comments:
Post a Comment