October 10, 2013

October's 10 on Day 10


I will be using extremely wishful thinking for October's 10 on Day 10 because this month I am going to do 10 things that I would like to accomplish this month.

1. Start working on our Christmas lists. Not our own "wish" lists but our huge list of people that we have to buy for each Christmas. See last year, I started buying Christmas around August. This year, I haven't done so good! I do have a list compiled of who we are buying for--just not what we will be getting them. (I know I'm OCD and it's not that big of a deal to most people but it's how I function.)

2. Install new counter tops! Yes, you read that right, we are getting new counter tops for the kitchen! We have a family friend that gave us a great estimate and all we had to do is buy the new sink that we want and schedule a day for him to come! I'll post more about all that later!

3. Plant shrubs. This has been our to-do list since the beginning! I am in desperate need of some pretty shrubs and I have read that fall is the best season to plant them. We will see...

4. Get all of my fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations out to make our house stinkin' adorable! Pumpkins everywhere.

5. Attempt to make Ms. Terri's pumpkin/apple/fall/yummy bread. In high school, my best friend Shane went through a tough time getting her Crohn's disease under control and one of the things that she could eat, that wouldn't make her sick, was this bread. Well, I absolutely loved it. (Like to the point that I would ask for the bread for my birthday and Christmas and any other holiday. #fatgirlproblems ) To me, it is "Fall"' in bread form and I really, really want to try and make it!

6. Have the mantel ready to be installed. You remember when I mentioned HERE about wanting a mantel, finding a mantel and installing it... I really want to get this all ready that way we will have it to decorate it for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

7. Take more pictures... of our family. I can take all the pictures in the world but none are more important than the ones of the people I love the best. I've really had some conviction about this lately and I hope to change that, starting NOW!

8. Gather up all of our stuff that we do not need to have a yard sale. We have a good bit of stuff so hopefully we will be able to get rid of it all! How we have acquired so much in such a little time frame-- I do not know!

9. Find frames for our big wedding prints. I have the prettiest huge prints and they are just collecting dust and wanting a frame!

10. Practice my sign language. In December, our church does a Christmas concert type service and with me being a part of the sign language ministry, that means there is a lot of songs that I need to know. I really need to try and go ahead and master as many as I can this month.

I know, not the most interesting 10 on Day 10 but it's better than nothing! To go back and look at the past 10 on Day 10 posts, visit here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment