November 20, 2013

I'm a slacker + Updated To-Do List

Hello.

My name is Evan and I am a blog-slacker.

Betcha never heard of that-- have you?! It's true, I haven't kept this thing up as great as I should need to be. But y'all, it has been CRAZY!

If I am not at school, I am at work.
If I'm not work, I'm doing pictures.
If I'm not doing pictures, I'm practicing sign language.

And it I'm not doing any of that, I'm sleeping!

Can you see how blogging just doesn't fit into my schedule? Not to mention, this week is the last week of school before Thanksgiving Break and my professors have all gone completely nuts!

Anyways, I did have a few extra minutes tonight and wanted to share with you the latest update. Nothing too big, but an update none the less!

Do y'all remember HERE when I posted the last updated to-do list? Well, this weekend, during the Alabama game actually, we knocked off something that has been on the list forever!

We hung up pictures in the living room!

Before


After

Yes, that is my model dog-- Polly Beck. I got my camera out and she immediately jumped up there. She knows she's cute.


It looks so much better now! It is amazing how much an hour of time can do to make a room look so much better! We also hung a few pictures in the kitchen and in the bathroom too! We really got on the stick this weekend!

We also knocked something off the to-do list a couple of weeks ago and I totally forgot to update it! My Nanny made us the cutest little curtain to go over the window in the living room. She had a few scrapes laying around over at her house and she whipped this up for is! It's perfect!



What would I do with her? Seriously!

So with that being said, here is the new and updated To-Do list for the Beck Household!

Den:
  1. Buy curtain rod and curtains
  2. Organize coat closet
  3. Move the couch and love seat
  4. Hang pictures or more artwork
  5. Make or buy a cute wreath or door hanger for the front door Nana gave me one to use during Christmas!
  6. Sell rocking chair
  7. Replace closet door
  8. Paint front door. (Already have the paint!)
  9. Buy mantel
  10. Paint/install mantel
October 2011
November 2011

Living Room:
  1. Get curtains or make curtains or buy material to make curtains.
  2. Hang pictures
  3. Possibly move China cabinet back into the den
  4. Move end table by the couch
  5. Get lamp to go on end table
  6. Make pillows to go on the sectional- I love all of the different patterns and color. Our couch is brown so I want some bright colors!
  7. Get a runner to go between the back of the sectional and utility room (The last one got bleach poured all over it by mistake.)
  8. Get a cute roman shade type thing to cover the side door window. At the moment, it is covered with newspaper. How awful is that!? Ah! NANNY MADE US A CURTAIN! 
October 2011


November 2011

Kitchen:
  1. Put together the kitchen table... that we got for Christmas! (Yes, we are awful!)
  2. Hang up blinds over the sink
  3. Paint the trim over the sink
  4. Get new counter tops
  5. Get new sink to go with our new counter tops
  6. Organize the pantry (the bottom of the pantry)
  7. Organize the cabinets
  8. Build a shelf for the microwave to sit on
  9. Get new lighting fixtures
  10. Get new trim for the bottom of the cabinets
  11. Find another microwave that is a bit smaller than what we have now
  12. Organize under the sink
  13. Gather up all cleaning products around the house and put them all under sink
October 2011


November 2011
Utility Room:
  1. Organize, organize, organize!
  2. Find an alternative shelf for the one to the right of the washer
  3. Clean up the shelves on the left
  4. Put paint and paint supplies in the shed outside
  5. Hang up the blinds over the washer/dryer
  6. Find a neutral roman shade to go in the window
  7. Fix the folding doors- might require getting new ones
  8. Find a way to hang or hook all of the mops, brooms, Swifter things on the wall to the right
Master Bedroom:
  1. Find storage bins to put under our bed for our sheets and extra blankets and my purses/bags
  2. Hang up some wedding pictures or something!
  3. Find knobs to go on my closet door
  4. Find storage containers to use at the top of my closet for all my junk(i.e. basket for scarfs, basket for bathing suits, etc
  5. Clean out end tables and organize them
October 2011


November 2011
Bathroom:
  1. Paint the walls an off white or cream color
  2. Take off the closet door
  3. Paint the inside of the closet with KILZ
  4. Organize the closet
  5. Organize under the sink
  6. Hang curtain rod and pretty curtain where the door was.
  7. Paint the trim in the windowsill and around where the bathroom closet is
  8. Find curtain/roman shade for the bathroom window
  9. Replace the knobs in the shower to something more modern
October 2011

October 2011
Guest Bedroom:
  1. Hang up the group wedding picture above the bed
  2. Find a place for the other table top
  3. Take the scarfs into Master (Storage places above the closet)
  4. Organize Jade's closet
  5. Put the suitcases that are in the closet under a bed
  6. Find the comforter and put it back on the bed (Mom took it to the cleaners and I'm not sure if she picked it up or they have it or I have it, who knows!)
October 2011


November 2011
Office:
  1. Organize, Organize, Organize!
  2. Sell the antique green chair- let me know if you like! I'm ready to get it gone! Come to my house right now and get it! :)
  3. Make sure it is OK to sell the old rocker- gotta ask my Paw paw about this one. He might want it!
  4. Sort through the bookshelf and sell the books that are not wanted/needed
  5. Empty the trunk, which at the moment is full of sheets and blankets-- put all the sheets that correspond with the beds in storage containers under the bed. So like put everything that goes with our bed, the queen, all in one place and same for the guest.
  6. Put all pictures, photo albums, etc., in the trunk
  7. Sell/get rid of the HUGE desk
  8. Get a new/smaller desk... from the Bucksville Mercantile! It is white and has some chalkboard panels... it is ADORABLE!
  9. Find a little table to double as storage and a printer stand
  10. Clean out the closet
  11. Hang up pictures
  12. Get curtains for both windows
  13. Get a TV to hang on the wall to the left as you walk in (Jade, don't freak out! I want a TV in there so I can work on my pictures and watch my shows at the same time. Love you!)
  14. Get a baby gate to block this room off so the wild women (Polly and Pearl) will not go in there and use the bathroom. I know, way TMI but it's the truth. If they are going to have accidents, it is in there.
  15. Clean off the bookshelf (throw away the junk)
  16. Find a smaller, more modern bookshelf.
October 2011


November 2011

Outside
Front Yard:
  1. Plant shrubs all along the front of the house
  2. Put mulch around the shrubs
  3. Cut down the tree that is struggling and is just plain ugly
  4. Spray weedkiller all over the driveway and side walk
  5. Put white railing up on the front porch
  6. Get two flower pots to go on either side of our church pew
  7. Blow everything out from underneath the car port like the leaves and junk
  8. Take the cabinet thing that was in our house when we bought it to the dump
  9. Take the bench and put it in the shed or inside somewhere (Maybe the office) -- There shouldn't be anything underneath the carport but the garbage can and the grill
October 2011


December 2011
Back Yard:
  1. Fill in the holes that Roscoe dug up with dirt and cover with grass seed
  2. Pull all the weeds away from the fence
  3. Pick up the big stones and throw away
  4. Pick up the wood planks on the far side of the fence and throw them away.
  5. Dig around the door to Ace's house to that it can be opened and shut
  6. Get some shavings to put in his dog house
  7. Fix the lattice work around the shed
Oh and I should mention that I decided to do a little rearranging so hopefully that can all get done this weekend or the days that we are off for Thanksgiving. I want to move the Master Bedroom into what is now the Guest Bedroom, move the Guest Bedroom into what is now the Office and finally, move the Office into what is now that Master Bedroom.
Whew! Now there's an update for you! Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment