Hello again on this wonderful Sunday morning! If you have been around the blog much lately, you know that I started this neat little way to get me to blog more often called "10 on Day 10". It is basically where I just blog about 10 things, events or whatever on the 10th day of each month. I started doing this back in April and have done pretty good so far keeping it up each month. To see all the "10 on Day 10" posts, click HERE.
With Thanksgiving being this month, I decided to do 10 things I am most thankful for, for this months "10 on Day 10"...
1. Jesus.
I am thankful for Jesus because He is the reason I live, the reason I get to love and the reason for every thing in my life. I am convinced that every single thing was created by Him and for His glory. I absolutely cannot wait to get to Heaven and thank Him-- forever, and ever, and ever.
2. Jade
Do I need to get all mushy gushy again like I did here and here? I think it is evident how much my heart is thankful for Jade. He is the greatest thing ever and I love that I get to do life with him.
3. My Family
I'm thankful to have family that supports me and loves me, no matter what. I'm sure that everyone thinks they have the best family ever but I know that I do. They are the greatest people and for God to have placed me with them is just beyond all my understanding! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
4. My Home
I'm thankful for my home not because it is big or lavish or whatever but just because it is something that most people will never have and God has blessed us with this and trusted us enough to be the owners of it. I'm still blown away that I am 23 years old and have been a homeowner for roughly 2 years.
5. Church Family
I don't think people really realize how beneficial it is to have the love and support of your church family. I know at one point I certainly did not. I'm thankful for this group of people that not only love the Lord more than any other congregation I know but also strive to show His love to others. I can come to church ill and in a terrible mood and within 2 minutes, they change my attitude with their selfless spirit. I'm blessed to get to serve alongside Grace Life for the Kingdom of God.
6. Sign Language
I'm thankful for sign language because it has given me another way to communicate to a group of people that I otherwise would not be able to. To me, it is also a way worship and love on Jesus too. I love this language and I hope I never stop learning it.
7. UAB.
I'm thankful for UAB, obviously, because I am getting an amazing education from there but more than that, I'm thankful for UAB because I have had the pleasure of meeting and forming friendships with some of the greatest people ever. We have laughed together, worked endlessly on projects, supported one another and have became each others encouragement in many situations. For this, I am so thankful and will always be grateful.
8. Technology
I think in today's society, we don't even realize how much we depend on technology. And even though, we often to it for granted, it is definitely something to be thankful for. We would be lost without it.
9. Our Country
I know this might sound crazy with all the recent government shutdowns and the lack of agreement between anyone in authority BUT... the United States is still the greatest country in the world. We are so incredibly blessed to live in a country where we are free. Freedom alone is a luxury that we experience that a large number of people across the world will never experience.
10. My Babies
Let me just say that I am that crazy girl that treats her dogs like her children. I am not denying it, at all. I am so thankful for my pups because even on my worst days, they still love me and want to be right up beside me everywhere I go. Dogs, in my opinion, are the most perfect companion and I don't know what I would do without my big boy and baby girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment