So here it is, day by day...
Friday, June 15th: Rehearsal Dinner
I was off work and was at Shadow Lake pretty much all morning, along with the majority of mine and Jade's family, our friends and precious men from our church who are the ultimate servants. (It was SUPER hot and they were working so hard cutting the grass, taking down tents and basically making the outside perfect.) Jade ended up having to go to work but was able to make it for the better part of the night. Mom-in-law did an awesome job setting up everything and it was perfect. Here is a picture our photographer, Will Flowers, took at our rehearsal dinner. Will is amazing and he is so incredible talented. If you think you need a photographer for ANYTHING, call him, Facebook him, email him, anything. Check out some of his stuff, flowersphotog.com. This picture is one of my favorite (granted I have only seen like 3 of our wedding pictures...) because I know how anxious my heart was and I know Jade's was feeling the same way.
Saturday, June 16th: The Big Day
Yes, just typing that out put this way huge smile on my face. My day started by my mom climbing into bed with me at the crack of dawn. I think know she was just as excited as I was in every way. I got ready at my mom's house with all my bridesmaids and was super chill. My precious friend, Reena, made me beautiful and I know I have told her this nearly a million times but I really could not have down it without her. I think having her there to just handle everything had a lot to do with me not being very nervous. If you know me well at all, you know I like to have everything in order and everything on a specific schedule. This day was no different. We were completely on schedule getting ready and getting to Shadow Lake. YAY US! :) Because Jade and I both have a pretty large family and we really wanted to take a lot of fam pictures, we opted to see each other before the wedding.
***Best decision ever!***
The emotions I was feeling as I walked to my groom make my heart skip a beat even now. Tapping Jade on the shoulder to get him to turn around, seeing the anticipation in his eyes, and holding his hand as he walked in circles around me was all it took and the waterworks turned on full blast. In that moment, I didn't think I could love him any ounce more. After the mushy gushy sweetest moment of my life thus far was over, the millions of pictures where next. Yes, it was hot and yes, we were in the sun the majority of the time but I would of done it a million times over again because my heart knows how much I will cherish those pictures more than any possession I will ever own. After we did all our family pictures and what not, everyone kind of got in there places as our guests began to arrive. The bridesmaids went to a cabin right down the road and the groomsmen stayed at Shadow Lake. While in the cabin, my dad's sister, my Aunt Kathy brought a piece of one of my dad's shirt and sowed it into my wedding dress. My entire family had prepared for a really long time for this day, mostly prepared for the feelings that would overwhelm us with my dad not being able to be there. Plain and simple, it sucked. Really. Really. Bad. However, having that tiny little cut out piece of a shirt that belonged to him was really cool and I was/am super thankful to have had it. Having my hero, the greatest man to ever have walked this Earth second to Jesus, my Pawpaw, walk me down the aisle makes my heart swell five times its normal size. He walked my mom down to my dad and besides my dad, there is no one else I could imagine taking on that role more than him. In mine and Jade's eyes, the ceremony/worship service went exactly as planned. We both really wanted the ceremony itself to be less about us and more about the sacrifice that was made for us to even get the privilege to be married. We love Jesus. Period. We want everyone we know to experience that love that fills our hearts and we really tried to center the wedding around Him. The reception, well you tell me. Total blur. I know I was there and I know that it was beautiful but I guess my brain was spinning with excitement that I sort of missed out on that part. :) One of the most funnest parts of our wedding day was driving to Atlanta. I know, I am completely insane. But getting to talk out all my emotions and thoughts with my HUSBAND was just the sweetest thing ever. I'm being completely truthful when I tell you I told Jade at least 100 times on the drive to Atlanta, "You're my husband!" Again, here are a few pictures our fabulous photography took...
June 17th - June 24th: Our Honeymoon
Amazing. We went to the Sandals Resort in Grand Rios, Jamaica and it is really paradise on Earth. Jade and I typically do not get to see each other during the week. He works nights and I work normal hours. So getting to be with him for a whole week with no work and no obligations was really awesome. I could go back in a heart beat and I'm sure Jade feels the same way! We got to go snorkeling a few times, we got to go out on a sailboat by ourselves (that's a whole other story..) and we got to just be in the water and on the beach of one of the prettiest places on Earth. We got a free photo session as part of our package deal and here are a few of those pictures...
As we start real life, I think I have a permanent smile on my face. Jade makes me the happiest girl on this Earth in absolutely every way. I just love him to pieces and nothing brings my heart more joy than to get to wake up every morning as his wife.
It has taken me almost two hours to rehash all the wedding greatest. Forgive me if I left something out or I end up having like four or five updates related to this fun time in our lives!
Evan Paige Beck <----- How cool! :)
Or you can just call me Jade's wife! <---- Even cooler!




No comments:
Post a Comment