May 10, 2013

May's 10 on Day 10

As I mentioned last month, I am attempting to blog more often and one way that I am going to make sure that I am doing so is by doing a monthly post on the 10th day of each one called 10 on day 10.

Here we go... 10 of my favorite things, in no particular order. These are all THINGS that I have personally. My 10 favorite things that I wish I had will have to be another post!

1. Mpix Planner/Organizer: I like being organized, see here, if you had a doubt! :) Because of that, I have ALWAYS had a planner, like even back in elementary school. I use it all the time for school, work and for scheduling pictures so it has to be one with plenty of room for me to write down EVERYTHING and sturdy enough not to break apart or rip when I throw it around. Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found the greatest planner you will ever lay your eyes on...




I love it! I ordered it through mpix.com and was able to personalize it with my name and a few of our wedding pictures which to me makes it even more special. Again, sorry for the iPhone quality!


Granted, it cost me entirely too much but it is something I use every single day, so I figured it was worth it. Some days when I getting stressed out, seeing those pictures bring that back into perspective and remind me that things are going to be fine. Click here to see all the different designs they have.

2. Nikon D7000: I've been taking pictures for as long as I can remember but in 2009 I decided to share my talent with those around me. I started off with a Canon Rebel and a fabulous 50 mm starter lens, then I decided that I didn't want to be on the Canon side anymore, so I trade that camera in for a Nikon D80, again with a 50 mm. The D80 lasted me for a good 2 years but it was getting pretty ancient. This past Christmas, Jade got me the camera that I had ALWAYS wanted... the Nikon D7000. I love love love it! It makes me feel all "profess" and junk too! :) Camera pictures from the always lovely Mr. Ken Rockwell.


3. My Puppies: I love my dogs so much! I am without a doubt the crazy lady who would rather be with her dogs than people! Polly and Pearl will be 1 year old on June 14th and Ace will be 3 years old in September! And guess what... Ace's Mom and Dad had puppies again so if you are interested in a Great Dane, let me know and I will hook you up with the breeder! If Jade wouldn't kill me, I would get another one! Like I said, I'm a sucker for puppies!

 
4. Cricut Expression 2: Love my Cricut! Especially around Christmas! Jade got it for my birthday a couple of years ago and it has come in handle to often. For our wedding, I use it constantly for all of the little details and things. I might not use it as often as I would like but I always have it when I need it, none the less. I don't have the Anniversary Edition Cricut, but mine is VERY similar to this one! If you are interested in one, click here!
5. Sony E-Reader: My mom gave this to be about two years ago and at first, i didn't really think that I would like it. But I was so wrong! One of the main reasons why I love it so much is because with the Reader, all I can do is read books. I'm not tempted to close the book down and check FB or play a game, like I do with the iPad! Not to mention, the books that you can buy from the Reader store are fairly cheap and just like iTunes, it is right on the computer. I no longer have to drive to Hoover to get the book that I want, it is right there at my fingertips.


6. Chaphlon Cookware: Yes, I have cookware on my favorites list! it must be the "wife" part of me I guess! Anyways, the hostesses for our Bridal Tea gave Jade and I the most phenomenal set of cookware known to man! I absolutely love it and seriously wouldn't know what to do or how to cook with out it! It is the eleven piece set that Chaphlon makes and it is just wonderful! Ours was from Bed, Bath and Beyond! Love that place by the way!
7. Macbook Pro: Do you know how great it is to have a dependable computer? I bought my Macbook about a year ago and it has been one of the greatest decisions so far! It was pricey of course but I'm ok with spending a little extra (maybe alot extra) for something that is going to last me a long time! I've said this before but I will never buy a PC again! I'm on team apple! I have the 15'' and it is plenty big too!

8. ModelCo Ultra Shine Lipgloss: I know what you're thinking, lip gloss on the favorite list? Yes, lip gloss is on my favorite list because I have finally found the most perfect lip gloss EVER. See, I get a Birchbox every month and inside it a couple of months ago was this lip gloss and it is literally, my all time fave! No more sticky mess, praise the Lord!

9. Our Sectional: Once again, my mom gave us a wonderful Christmas present this year, our Simmons Manhattan Sectional! Jaed and I both always knew that we wanted a sectional because our living area is just so big! We found ours at BIG LOTS! Yes, Big Lots! I know that sounds super crazy but for real, they make some good stuff and it is way cheaper than going to an actual furniture store! We got it a little before Christmas and here is a picture of me and both of the pups as soon as we got it set up! Sorry, bad iPhone quality!


And here is the video we sent my mom shortly after the picture was taken. Forgive our goofiness, we are still googly eyed over each other! :)



10. Velata Fondue Warmer: I got this for Jade for Christmas this year and we absolutely love it! It is literally a personal fondue machine/warmer! It is perfect for just Jade and I because of its size!


They have three different chocolate flavors, but the caramel milk chocolate is our FAVE! We ordered it from our Velata Rep, Mrs. Christy Sparks! She made ordering it super easy and I actually need to order more chocolate packets for ours! Here is Jade on Christmas morning with his personal fondue warmer...

 
 
 So that's it! 10 of my most favorite things! Some super important, others not so much! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
 
Stay tuned there might be another blog post tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment