May 29, 2013

...They will be called the children of God.

Grab a curling iron when it is turned on... going to get burned.

Pet and love on a cat (that you happen to be allergic to)... going to sneeze for days.

Stay outside during winter time without a jacket for a long time.. going to get sick.

Eat too much... going to feel like I'm gonna throw up.

Stay up too late... going to be tired and ill the next morning.

Study hard for a test... going to do good on it.

All of that is pretty common sense or at least I hope for you guys it is-- it certainly is to me. The consequences or the end result is crystal clear because of common sense and that fact that all those things above have happened to me endless number of times.

With that being said, take a look at this verse...

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Two things I get from that verse:

1. Peacemakers will be blessed.
2. Peacemakers will be called the children of God.

Because I believe the Bible, in it's entirety, I can take Matthew 5:9 and see that...

Be a peacemaker... going to be a blessed, child of God.

Here is where that common sense plays a role again, why on Earth would I not want to be a peacemaker if I know I will be BLESSED AND CALLED A CHILD OF GOD! Uh hello??? That would be like someone saying to me, "Hey Evan, if you will go to the store for me and pick up dinner, I'll give you a million dollars."  Duh! You best believe I'm heading to the store.

By no means am I saying that being a peacemaker is easy but I am saying that I will try my hardest to be one because I desire nothing more to be a child of God. Period.

This verse has been on my heart lately and I just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment