10 reasons why I love my husband...
1. He is selfless. Jade is always putting everyone before himself and hardly ever thinks of himself before others. EVER. He doesn't even realize that he puts himself last either. One of the clear illustrations of this would have to be the time that we went to the mall to pick out a gift for his birthday and he ended up buying me a new pair of Ray Bans. Like really Jade? But he wouldn't have had it any other way.
2. He loves me, even when I'm being a butt. Can I just say that I am not nice 100% of the time? Shocking, I know. Anyways, so often times, especially in the early mornings, I tend to resemble a wicked witch. And often times, Jade gets the brunt end of all my meanness. I say really mean things to him and I do crazy stuff like tell him I don't like him and that I want to punch his lights out and guess what? He loves me anyways, despite all my meanness. Jade really is the image of Jesus when it comes to this. Just as Jesus loves us regardless of how "mean" and awful we are, Jade loves me even though I am a butt to him! It's crazy!
3. He picks me. Do you remember when you were little and you were playing a game where you had to pick teams? Do you remember how nervous you were that someone might not pick you? I hope you do, cause I sure do! With Jade, I never have any doubt whose team I am on. No matter what, Jade always picks me. I'm sure most of you guys are like "Duh! You're his wife." But really, he has always picked me first. He has always made me a priority and that makes me feel so special, loved and important. I like being on his team! :)
4. He is so smart. Jade is smokin' hot in my eyes but he isn't just a pretty face. He is super intelligent. He is logical, which I think plays a huge part in that too! Til now-- taking senior level accounting class, he didn't really even have to study for real, everything just came to him. How did I not end up like that? Really though, he is so smart when it comes to not just school stuff but life stuff too.
5. He loves Jesus. I've said it before and I could never say it enough-- there is something so wonderful about a man that loves Jesus and makes Him a top priority in his life. And that is Jade, he is constantly mindful of His presence and how we, as a couple and family, can be more in tune to His presence and His glory. Life is so much easier because of the fact that Jade makes Jesus top in his life. That doesn't mean that everything is daisies and roses but it does make things better, tremendously better.
6. He takes care of me. Is there really a better feeling in the world than knowing that your are taken care of? I mean to really know that you are safe and not in harms way. That is how Jade makes me feel. That is how he has always made me feel. For years, I sat and I watched my mom take care of my sister's and myself all by herself since my dad was in Heaven. I saw her care for us and protect us with every ounce of her being without an ounce of hesitation. But no one was taking care of her or protecting her. I know it does her heart good to know that she doesn't have to take care of me anymore (even though she still does) because Jade does that for her. And because of that, Jade and I can now take care of her and protect her.
7. He loves my family. Family is really important to me. Anyone who knows me, knows that they come first in my life, regardless. The same can be said for him. Knowing that he cares and loves my family-- the people most important to me, fills my heart to the rim. If my Pawpaw called him and needed something, Jade would be there at the drop of a hat no matter what time of day or night. And he would do that for anyone in my family. He loves them. And I love him more for that.
8. He encourages me. I can be Debbie downer
9. He has a plan for us. Jesus is the author of our story. He has our entire life mapped out and he knows what paths that we will take and always has. With His guidance, Jade also has a plan for us. Jade seeks His guidance about every decision we make regardless of how little it might be and along with that guidance, tries to align our life accordingly. For instance, a few weeks ago Jade sends me this super long text that said if we saved "x" amount of dollars and put up "x" amount each month and sold our house and made more than we bought it for and did this and did that and blah, blah, blah, than we will be able to put $30,000 down on a house. And I'm over here all like "HUH? I didn't know we were moving." He plans out our decisions, even if they are not needed for another like 10 years. It might sound crazy, but I'm so thankful for that. I like having plans and I love that Jade does too.
10. He can break it down like no ones business. Let me just say, the boy is a heck of a dancer! Now his "moves" are a little questionable but nonetheless, he definitely can cut a rug. Honestly, at our house, there is not a day that goes by that we aren't dancing around acting goofy and junk. We do have a couple of signature moves but we are not prepared to show them off to the world. (The world isn't ready for them, I promise!)
Here is just 10 reasons why I love my husband but the list of reasons could go on forever. He is my everything and I love him more than ever before. I could never thank God enough for putting him in my life and for allowing Jade and I to be an illustation of His gospel.








No comments:
Post a Comment