April 10, 2013

10 on Day 10.

I really need to blog more often, like REALLY need to blog more. I'm challenging myself to blog at least once a week, if not more... starting today. I really want this to be a way for me to look back on this time in my life and it won't be that if I don't update it often! :)

Anyways, bloggers tend to make themselves known to their viewing audience in different ways and I'm going to attempt to let you guys in on some things about me in what I will call 10 on day 10. So the 10th of every month, I will either post 10 things about me, 10 things I like, 10 of my favorite things, etc. This will just be a way to guarantee that I will post more often. (Hopefully!)

Here we go! 10 things about me:

1. Being married to Jade has given me a sweet tooth. Before we tied the knot, I was not a "sweet eater", AT ALL. I use to not like chocolate and most certainly never order dessert at restaurants and such but lets just say that is no longer the case and we have to have something sweet every night now.

2. I'm a home-body. I love it at my house, even though 99% of the time it is a hot mess. There is nothing better than being at home with Jade and the puppies. I guess I'm just really proud of our house or maybe just the fact that it is OURS, but I just love being home.

3. The older I get, the more and more I see my mom as my hero. I hate that it has taken me growing up to fully understand the sacrifices and struggles she had to make for my sisters and myself but I see now. I understand now. I appreciate now. She is the greatest and we (sisters and I) are the luckiest girls in the world to have her.


4. I've already been on my "dream vacation". Many people told me that Jamaica one of the "dirtiest islands" in the Carribean and they didn't like it but let me just tell ya, THEY LIED. It was one of the prettiest places that I have ever seen in person and I am dying to go back. Like for real, can I go back NOW?!


5. I'm one of those Reality TV people. I know, all that stuff is silly and fake, but I can't help it! (Step #1 is admitting you have a problem, right?) The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Vampire Diaries, Duck Dynasty and The Voice are my latest addiction!

6. If I could change ONE thing about my life I would... Make a way for Jade to not have to work nights. He has to work nights because he goes to school during the day, no way around it. Its tough though, really tough. I know that right now we have to make sacrifices but that still doesn't make climbing into an empty bed easy. Luckily, I do get to wake up to him beside me... even if he is snoring and that evens it out a bit.

7. I wear four pieces of jewerly every single day. Engagement ring, Wedding band, Sapphire ring that Teresa (my best friend for 22 + years) and her precious parents gave me as my wedding gift, and my pearl earrings.

8. I'm obsessed with lotion. There is not a day that goes by that I do not lather up. I keep lotion in my purse, in my car and beside my bed just in case. I can't get enough of it either. Putting on lotion has almost became a habit and really, it is just part of my routine. Vanilla Lace is my absolute fav!


9. I miss my moo-tang aka mustang. I love the car I have now and am so thankful for it but there was just something about that yellow car that made me feel so stinkin' cool. (Even though I've always been a big dork.)

10. In my opinion, there is few things better than swinging my the nail salon and getting a manicure. I think it is the whole concept of being pampered (even if it is just your hands) that makes you feel like a million bucks. I could look like a hot mess on a stick but if my nails look good, everything is alright. Forgive the horrible picture but I just had to share my baby pink nails! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment