April 23, 2013

Weekend Update

Woah! The weekend flew by way too fast but that is usually how it goes! As soon as we get good and into the weekend, it is already gone!

Friday night, Shane and I went and worked out and got a really great work out in! We continue to tell ourselves that the more sweat, the better... even if it is dripping everywhere. Sorry, I'm sure everyone is just dying to know that! Anyways, after we left the Y, we headed over to Target to return a few things that Shane needed to exchange and just browse. We ran into some of our favorite people, TJ, Kelsey and Lleyton Barr and got to catch up with them, which is always great and then I found the cutest wedges EVER for only $16. Of course I grabbed them. Way cute huh?!



Sometime last week, Jade and I realized that something was seriously wrong with our AC unit because it was like a furnace in our house, at all times. It was miserable! Anyways, we got a good family friend of Jade's family, Mr. Buddy Davis, to come and check it out and he informed us that is was done! It had served it's time (17 years) and it was ready to be replaced. So Saturday morning we woke up and pretty much chilled at home and worked on homework while he and his son did a great job hooking us up!

While they were working out back, we took a break from school stuff and headed to the front yard doing a little landscaping. (I'm using that term very lightly.) See my mom (who is a momma to three girls) is loving getting to buy "boy/man" stuff for the first time and for Christmas, she headed to Simmon's Sporting Goods and bought him this knife that he had been wanting so bad! Not sure the exact name but I think it is something about a Bolo. You'll have to ask Jade. Anyways, so here is the lovely knife, in the tree in out front yard...


And this is for you mom... here is Jade, in all his "manliness" (Is that even a word?) trimming up some limbs on the tree in the front yard. Forgive me for shaking the camera like crazy, I forgot I was going to post it online.



Saturday evening we went to Jade's mom's house because she bought a NEW CAMPER! Ahhh, we are so excited for her and for all our future vacations! ha! As a family, we've done a tent, we've done a pop-up and we are so excited to experience camping in luxury! Forgive me for not having a better picture but I'm sure there will be plenty in the future!


Can I just tell you guys how much I adore Jade's family? I mean really! I'm so thankful to be apart of his family and to have been for the past 8 years of my life! They love me like I am their daughter without an ounce of hesitation and care for me like they were there the day I was born.

Sunday, Jade and I went to church and I got to love on some babies in the nursery and then we went to Nanny's for lunch to celebrate Will's birthday! After lunch I headed over to Morris Avenue to do some pictures of one of my favorite people. I'm not going to give too much away on that though! Thats a whole new post in itself! :)

After pictures, I headed back to the church for the sign language class!  If you've been to Grace Life lately, mainly the second service, you have noticed Ms. Sondra (SP) signing to a few people who are deaf. The first time she was there, I couldn't even contain myself. I cried like a baby the majority of the service and then all the way home. The Holy Spirit knocked me down THROUGH her and she minstered to me more than I would of ever thought. She filled my heart up completely that day. After that day, I knew that I needed to find out more about her and see how I can learn more about what she does. Obviously, our awesome church staff was thinking the same thing so they came up with offering the a sign langauge class. Let's just say that I had the best time and I learned so much! We were all given a list of about 50 words that we learned and this week I'm going to be practicing like crazy! Yes, it is pretty basic stuff but it definitely laid the foundation for things in the future! One of the most incredible things that Ms. Sondra said in the class was that only 2% of deaf people within the United States go to church. Only 2%! Obviously, that number would increase tremendously if churches had people that could sign the worship and message and that is what we are doing! Get it done and go home, right? Whatever it takes!

After the amazing class, I headed down to Tannehill and we got to spend some more family time at the new camper. We got to roast hot dogs and marshmellows and I got to show Jade some of my newly learned signs!

Overall, great weekend but like I said earlier, it went by way too fast!

Hope your week is wonderful and please don't forget, if you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Benefit Dinner and Auction for The WellHouse, let me know! I have some tickets that you can purchase!

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment