See this is what we had in there when we bought the house...
I know you can hardly tell how AWFUL that vanity is but TRUST ME, is was atrocious. The main thing that made it so bad is because it was so wideeeee. And I know you can't really tell but it was just so bulky. Not to mention, our old school medicine cabinet mirror thing just irritated me to death. I guess I had just always envisioned something modern and clean and that whole setup just wasn't cutting it.
Honestly, I was just going to "make it work". Live with the ugliness and eventually Jade and myself would make an investment and get what we want. However, that is not exactly the case. **Big Sigh! THANK GOODNESS!
See I went with Nanny and Pawpaw to Lowe's with the intent of just looking at the way they had their vanities and things set up. I have a pretty big mirror at my mom's house and so we were contemplating whether or not that would be something we could use or what not. So as we walk in and start to check everything out, Pawpaw decides that we should just go ahead and get a newer/nicer vanity. He said we might as well get what we like. (Or what I like, cause Jade could care less)
So I make the executive decision to pick out a new vanity for us and can I just say it is so adorable?! Below is a picture of what it looks like BUT ours is NOT that color.
Ours is more of an espresso color, I think. ha.
And I couldn't find a picture of the exact one we have on Lowes.com so this will just have to do.
What do you think? The drawers are super deep, which I though would be helpful for storage since our bathroom is T-I-N-Y. Another thing that I had to consider is its height. See, I'm marrying this huge 6'4 boy and I thought it would be nice if he didn't have to get on his knees to brush his teeth. It sits 34.5 inches high so I don't think he is going to have a problem! And here is the counter top we went with.
Super modern! I love it! It gives it that clean look for sure! And here is the faucet I picked out..
Once again, I went with something simple and very clean looking. It looks great! And of thankfully, we got to remove that awful medicine cabinet and install something all little more modern! Here is what I went with...
Way simple. But it looks so stinkin good!!! And here is what the finished product looks like!!!
Please forgive those awful gold door knobs sitting on the countertop. We know they are horrible and old fashiony and we are still debating on what to do with them. Should we just throw them out entirely, should we stray paint them since I am ALL about some stray paint and all, or should we just put up with that tacky gold? Who knows as of right now. We're going to cross that bridge when we get there!
Yay for our bathroom update! Can't wait to fill those drawers with make-up and nail polish and lotion and curling irons and rollers and hair spray and all things GIRL! Jade is so excited too, trust me! He can't wait to have his one stick of Old Spice Deo in there. haha. Guys are so high maintenance I tell you!
And for all you mushy gushy people like me, here is a little inspirational/sweet/perfect little reminder for your day!
ENJOY!
Evan







No comments:
Post a Comment