November 16, 2011

Greatful.

I found a blog today, lifeingraceblog.com, about a family in Texas, I think and their new home is absolutely adorable! Every room is so detailed and is the perfect combination of modern/chic/southern/vintage. Like really, the house is probably top 5 cutest home I have ever seen. The further I read of her blog, the more I realized that this wasn't your everyday, run of the mill, DIY blog. 

A year ago this coming Christmas, this family's home burned to the ground. 

EVERYTHING. 

GONE.


I guess with Jade and I becoming homeowners, this really shook my little world. We have absolutely no furniture, no clothes or even memories really inside this house but if it burned to the ground I would absolutely be devastated. It would break my heart into a million, kazillion pieces, no doubt. And for this family, who had years and years of memories and everything they owned burned to the crisp breaks my heart. 

With all that being said, this is a quote from Edie Wadsworth, the mom and author of the blog...

"Your hurt is not lost on Him.
He cares for you so much that He suffered every conceivable temptation to rescue you from your shackles.
He will use every heartache in your life to bring you joy in Him.
He will make every piece of the puzzle make sense."

WHAT FAITH! Even in the midst of tragedy and heartbreak, she is reminded of what we are here for. How amazing.

Even as exciting I am about this house, it means nothing if I do not use it to bring back glory to the One who deserves it.  It is because of Him that I have breath in my lungs. Because of Him that I have Jade and that he loves me. And Because of Him that we have been given the opportunity to have this house. My deepest desire it to not become stagnant and inactive about sharing what God has done in my life but rather use every opportunity I have to reflect the goodness of my Savior.  

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment