Here is our kitchen "before"! The walls are actually a brownish color and the floors are...awful. Yes, we know this! This is also the room that the lovely previous homeowners decided to paint over the wall paper. The cabinets are very nice, surprisingly.
Some of the things "we" are going to be doing in here includes:
- Lay down new tile
- Build a pantry
- Have a 12" cabinet installed
- Use texture paint to cover up the MESS on the walls
- Put in new knobs and vent covers, etc
Now "we" isn't just Jade and I. "We" includes us, our moms, my Nanny, my Aunt, my cousin Brian, Brian's mom's husband Wayne, etc. Group project with my wonderful cousin Brian leading the way on this room!
This tile will be put down as soon as Jade and I can go by Lowe's and pick out the tile. See our work schedule is complete opposite of one anothers and our school schedule just doesn't work out either. Sooner rather than later this room will be done! Thank goodness!
Next room, the Master Bedroom, or at least the room we THINK is going to be the Master!
**FYI, the pictures make it look sooo much smaller than it actually is! I promise! This is the view from the hallway! This room is the first room on your right.
This is the view from the back wall, looking at the closet. (The window would be on your right but my camera wasn't doing too hot.)
For this room, the plan is to...
- Paint the baseboards, door trim and doors
- Paint the walls
- Replace the electrical outlet covers
- Replace the awful carpet with hardwoods
Onto room number two, which will either be an office or the guest bedroom. When we bought the house, this room didn't have carpet. Therefore, there is no carpet glue to have to fool with and no staples to be removed! PRAISE THE LORD! :) Once again, the pictures make the room look much smaller than it actually is. No, they're not huge but they are bigger than they look!
This room is the last room on the right. It does have a small closet in it too!
What needs to be done for this room is pretty much the same thing as the Master.
Room number 3! This room will be whatever room number 2 is not. If room number 2 is the guest bedroom, then this will be the office, or vice versa.
This room has a odd shape, which I know you can 't even tell in this picture but it is kinda odd. The same things need to be done to this rom as the other two!
And last but certainly not least, here is the wonderful, and I am using that term VERY lightly, bathroom!
The tile is actually in pretty good shape, considering its age! You can't really tell but the tile is a neutral like brownish, reddish, tannish color. The tiles on the wall are a creme color and then we are going to paint the upper half of the bathroom the same color that we are painting the rest of the house.
Some of the things that is going to be done in the bathroom are:
- Paint walls, trim and doors.
- Remove the medicine cabinet and put up just a mirror.
- Recaulk the tub and potty.
- Find a new light fixture that will look good in here
I'm sure I'm leaving something off but thats all I have at the moment! :)
So I mentioned earlier that I took this pictures the Saturday after we signed but what I didn't mention is I took them right before we ripped up the carpet.
How cute is he? Ahhh! :)
Yep, survey the mess of carpet, carpet glue and DUST we encountered!
Yep, DISTGUSTING!!! Do you see all that dust? And this was just one time we swept! We swept probably like 50 times before realizing that it was a lost cause!
The yellow gross looking stuff is the carpet glue that is almost impossible to get off! We tried everything from Mineral Spirits, to this acid crap a guy at Lowe's told us to get, to plain old sand paper.
Thankfully, like I mentioned in an earlier post I think, we found a guy that would refinish the floors and all. So no more fooling with this junk!
And this is the product of all our hard work!
No more carpet! YAY!
This was the extent of the stuff we did that weekend. Pulling carpet and racking our brains on how to get that carpet glue up was just to much.
Now onto this past weekend! The people doing the roof started putting it on Friday and continued to work on it Saturday while we were there.
First on our list was to putty all the holes. This was my job and was super easy and fun! I know, I'm easily entertained! Here is an example of a FEW of the holes I puttied. These pictures were taken with my phone. Once again, excuse the poor quality.
And of course, another picture of this hottie I know! FYI, I hate no shave November.
We also started painting the trim and baseboards Saturday! Ahh, first appearance of Nanny on the blog! I'm sure there will be many more to come! Anyways, this is a picture of the one coat of primer we used on everything. And something about this picture makes the floors look HORRIBLE! Well, maybe they are bad and I have just gotten used to their ugliness. Who knows!
Mom tackled painting the doors! She totally rocked them and had them looking so good! Here is a picture of her doing an awesome job! First appearance of madre on the blog!!!
Overall, we got soooo much stuff done on Saturday! While we were all working in the inside, the roofers were going to town up top and they ended up finishing Sunday!
Saturday after we got finished working, we went to Lowe's and bought paint for the ceiling. Yes, we got the cool paint that goes on purple and then turns white!
Monday, my mom and nanny tackled the majority of the trim that was left and painted some of the ceilings and then they came today, along with my Aunt Dot and painted some of the walls! Not sure exactly everything they did today but I know they probably out worked everyone! Something about these Nanny's! They never know when to slow down! :)
Today, Jade also painted the eaves! He painted them a cocoa brown color to match the color of the gutters. So here is what they used to look like...
And here is what they look like now! Picture is dark, I know this. Jade took this picture on his phone in the evening I think.
Looking pretty good huh? I think Jade did an awesome job and I don't know what I would do without him! How did I get this lucky? :)
I think everything is pretty caught up and for the most part all the important stuff has been covered! Once again, thanks so much for reading! I know this probably isn't that exciting to some but for Jade and I this is so cool! We really are just beside ourselves every time we pull in the driveway!
Evan




No comments:
Post a Comment