Hello again!
Today, Jade and I have been homeowners for one week! WOOOO! Go us! :) And since then, a lot of things have happened! For instance, when Jade and I went by the house today, this is what we saw...
Yay for getting this show on the road!!!
Tomorrow, we plan on continuing to remove the painted wallpaper from the kitchen. UGH! So, if you get bored, swing on by and we'll put you to work! I promise we will be done by game time! ;) While we are doing that, the roofers will be beating on the roof fixing everything up and my mom and nanny will be priming the walls and base boards to get ready to paint and filling in holes with that putty junk! The people that lived at our new house were just a tad bit careless, so we got a good bit of holes to work on!
Also, yesterday my pawpaw let Jade and I know that he had found a guy that would do our floors for a good price! See, two of the bedrooms, the hallway, the living room and the dining room had carpet laid down. Which is not at all what we wanted, at all and so hardwoods is the road we will be traveling down! These are the color hardwoods or something very similar, that we are wanting to go with.
Something pretty dark, but not black. I'm not exactly sure the name of the sample we picked out but I think it is fairly close to the picture above.
Below are a few "before" pictures that show you some of the carpet, which looks SOOOO much better in these pictures than they actually looked in real life by the way! Please excuse the quality of the pictures. We were really excited to get started and quality wasn't really on my mind!
Here is the view of the living room and just a little bit of the dining room. This is what you see when you open our front door. Underneath the living room carpet is hardwoods.
This the view from the from window of the dining room. the doors you see opened are the laundry room doors. The big wooden thing to the left... well, I'm not exactly sure what it was used for but it is a goner as soon as we can find someone to lift the other end. I tried, but failed miserably. Jade needs another strong dude for that little project. :) The dining room isn't hardwoods underneath. It's just sub-flooring. (I think that is what it is called.)
Here is the view looking into the dining room and then the living room. If you walk in the side door, from underneath the carport, this is what you would see. And look who made a small appearance! None other than Mr. Beck. He had no idea that I even took this and probably could care less to be honest. Such a boy.
Anywho, things are moving right along and I will share more pictures and other things soon! Thanks for reading and thanks to those who are excited for us! We can't wait to share our home with all of you!
Evan


No comments:
Post a Comment