Friday went WONDERFUL! It took us a grand total of 17 minutes to sign all the papers and make a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, brick home in Hueytown ours!!!
Before I go any further, I must share a little coincidence that happened while at the attorney's office that gave me my "sign" I was looking for to validate that we were doing the right thing.
See, I second guess myself often and tend to over-analyze things a good bit, so when we were pulling in the attorney's office I began to ask myself questions like...
"What the crap are we doing?"
"Are we going to know where to go?"
"Are they going to try to fool us?"
"Do we look like kids?"
"Is this really happening?"
Yes, I know I'm crazy.
Anywho, so we go in and the receptionist tells us to go up to the fifth floor and ask the receptionist up there, where exactly to go. We get in the elevator. Giddy like two kids on Christmas Eve and cheesing like we just won a million bucks, for all you visual people out there. We walk up to the counter and at this point, I'm still nervous as anything because I'm a big loser. As I go to ask the receptionist where we need to go to close on our house, I get about half of it out before I realize that the receptionist is none other than the newly married Mrs. Camille Arrington's precious mom Ms. Beverly! All my nerves immediately flew out the window just by seeing her familiar face! And by the way, she usually isn't even sitting there and had just been up there to help out! Yep, my God planned that all out! How awesome is He! She was my sign!
And to make things even better, Ms. Beverly informed us that Tavon, Camille and sweet baby Chloe Grace were on there way to the office! After we signed all the papers, we got to surprise them since obviously we definitely don't belong at Camille's mom's office! Seeing them somehow, in its own perfect way, just made everything perfect! Jade and I just love that precious little family so much and are so glad they were the first people to get to congratulate us for the first time! :)
With all that being said, its ours. I got my sign, I signed on the line above my name and I let Jade ask all the questions! Everything is perfect!
Without further ado, here is the outside of our newly purchased fixer-upper!
It is looking a little haggard at the moment, we know this. But the potential is there, you might have to squint your eyes and tilt your head a little to see it, but it's there! ha. New cocoa colored shutters, new roof, new paint on the eaves that match the color of the shutters, some new gutters, pretty, full shrubs around the porch, some gorgeous hydrangeas on the other side of my car by the high fence and new freshly painted hand rails up! Can you see it? Yep, thats some potential for you!
The roof is suppose to be put on tomorrow or Thursday, so things are coming along!
Hopefully, I can put up all the "before" pictures soon so you can see the rest of our new home and see all the tender-loving care that needs to be done!
Thanks for reading!
Evan
No comments:
Post a Comment